The Rich Girls Are Weeping

25 September 2006

'i always dream about a unified scene. there's james king and king james and james dean. at a table in the corner of my unified scene.' Woah, I don't read the NYT Magazine one week, and I totally miss the article about MisShapes? Well, oops. And was it really the 10th time a Times property namechecked MisShapes this year? That's gotta be some record in ultra-overblown-exposure, maybe. Except the MisShapesians don't really seem to give a fuck about anyone's opinion of them, so they remain strangely flameproof, bulletproof, NYT-coverage-uncoolnessproof. Anyway, heartening to know those pretty, lanky, dyed-black djs don't get paid for their residency either. Ha! Then again, as long as you keep us in cokes, we'll dj for you. Unless it's a campari-and-soda night. Then, we'll dj for uh, campari-and-sodas.

Anyway, who really cares if the kids of MisShapes DO, however, get paid by evil giant corporations to dj pricey parties? (How cute! They incorprated!) Gotta make bread somewhere besides at one's flimsy day job. One's nasty vintage vinyl habit can get expensive, kids. Ask us how! (Though, yeah, djing for a Tory Burch fete? A little ill-advised.)

Pulp -- Mis-Shapes
The Hold Steady -- Most People Are DJs
(Oh, I crack myself up! YOU'RE WELCOME, ANTI-SCENESTERS, HATERS, ETC. For the record, I will be cranky and complain that The Hold Steady's gone stale; Boys and Girls in America is the biggest disappointment of the year. Oh well, it happens.)

Sorry for the re-runs, I'm still computer-less...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel bad about the re-runs, but don't regret hating on the Hold Steady. Having heard B&G in America myself I have to wholeheartedly agree. It's a serious stinker.

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

I'll try and get some non re-runny stuff up asap. (;

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger CEC said...

Actually, I think the biggest disappointment of the year has got to be Standing in the Way of Control by the Gossip.

Monday, September 25, 2006 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Seriously? I think that record is unbelieveably great! Why don't you like it?

Monday, September 25, 2006 6:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com