The Rich Girls Are Weeping

02 May 2006

It's funny how you can labor under a delusion for years and years before you're set straight. I had a Sesame Street record as a kid -- The Stars Come Out On Sesame Street -- and in my memory, the best song was Oscar the Grouch and Johnny Cash doing "Five Feet High and Rising.' Well, thanks to Ugly Floral Blouse, I now know that it was Biff, not Oscar, and Mr. Cash. After a little digging around, I found that Oscar and Cash did duet, but it was on "Nasty Dan." That song was also on that record; I'm going to try and dig it up now too.

Johnny Cash -- Five Feet High and Rising
Johnny Cash & Biff -- Five Feet High and Rising (via Ugly Floral Blouse)
Johnny Cash -- Wo Ist Zu Hause, Mama? (in German!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My question - who was Biff? This is a Sesame Street muppet I do not remember!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

He was like, the constructon worker!

http://www.sesame-encyclopedia.com/Alphabet/SesameB/Biff.html

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird! I remember Sully clearly, but not Biff. What a blind spot for a kid who watched Sesame Street every day...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger carolyn rhea drapes aka chacal said...

love it! we used to have fun with that, didn't we, girl? snif! and another is now 18!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com