The Rich Girls Are Weeping

22 July 2006

In an optimal environment, I totally would have posted this before Dodge from MOKB. Oh well. He'll get the cease-and-desist first, then. Ha!

Ladies and gents, put your uh, non-dancing shoes on for the first leaked track from the new Scissor Sisters album, due out later in the fall (September-ish). There's some HAWTT pictures of them, and Rufus Wainwright, in the latest ish of Interview btw. I saw it at the store today...

Wikipedia tells me that Elton John plays keys on this track, and Baby Daddy plays the banjo. Mmmmm. Baby Daddy. Oh, sorry. My inner fag was uh, really excited about that. You know, banjos and Baby Daddy and all. Sorry. Carry on!

Oh, oh! I forgot to tell you, this kind of sounds like ELO meets ... the BeeGees. Or something. I think it's fantastic.

Scissor Sisters -- Don't Feel Like Dancing
[eta 7/24/06: Hope you got this over the weekend, the file's been taken down by the fine folks at YouSendIt. However, looks like you can still get it from MOKB, maybe ezarchive is less ... easily persuaded.]

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was gonna post this like a week ago but just didn't have the balls to do so. congrats! ha!

but seriously.

this a total play off of leo sayer's "you make me feel like dancing." no?

Sunday, July 23, 2006 10:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! the banjo adds an elemnt on stage.
i hope leaks mean a september release, i can't take the waiting anymore.

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ihave to listen this right now

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done w00t for posting it before it got taken off - its such a brill tune!!! :D thankx (btw u realise people like download these brill songs without saying thank you haha :P) laterz RUDY

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Dodge said...

yeah, no C&D, but they finally asked me to remove it today.

can't wait to hear the rest of it!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Travis: I really hope that someone's working on that as we speak...

Dodge: Wow, that took longer than I expected...!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it
i think it's one of the best songs i've ever heard. My mum thinks the same, she said she hates men singing in high voices, but i don't

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a dj who's written a track called "Disco Vibe" I absolutely love the Scissor Sisters and the more I hear them the more I realize that my track must be done by them. If anyone can point them in my direction I'd love for them to hear the demo and decide for themselves if the track fits them, It will be a huge hit and I think they are the ones to do it. When I dj'd in England in 2003 was the first time I heard them and cained thire tracks in the clubs, after a rough divorce as direct result of surfing the net, Hmm, I returned to cruise ships and I absolutely had cruise after cruise moving away from lame, non stop pop and rock to opening thier minds to (What I would say) is the best dance act out of North America and hot for the U.k.

So if anyone can get them or label management to contact me that would be great

Sincerely

Dj Gregrrr

djgregrrr@shaw.ca

Peace and love

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 1:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Greg weres my money ?

Saturday, February 10, 2007 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com