The Rich Girls Are Weeping

16 August 2006

No need to be gentle with me, I'm not afraid of anything -- not even the countryside. We're a bit gloomy today, thoughts of our DJ gig tonight at the Chain Drive (don't forget!!) have helped cheer us up, as has the glory that is Cute Overload. Also chipper-making: It's the best personality test ever, from The Boy Least Likely To. I'm not a bit embarassed to tell you that the little cartoon iconography that makes up the band's graphic identity totally pushes my OMG CUTE! *SQUEEE!* buttons.



Reposts, all...

The Boy Least Likely To -- Every Grubby Little Memory
The Boy Least Likely To -- Faith (George Michael Cover)
The Boy Least Likely To -- Rock Upon a Porch With You


Bonus, my favorite:
The Boy Least Likely To -- I'm Glad I Hitched My Apple Wagon (To Your Star)

...and, a rarity. A little band called Hot Air Ballonists friended me on MySpace, and they're ... really quite good. I don't know anything about them, they don't seem to have a website, but the three tracks they've posted are defintely worth your time: Sweetly heartfelt pop songs backed by a strong rhythm section that keeps them from being too airy-fairy. Gorgeous harmonies and strings abound.

ps -- Dear Bel Auburn, We don't hate you hate you. You're just a little too close to the ol' Radiohead-derivativeness for us to really like you. Keep up the good work, though!

3 Comments:

Blogger lostcabbie said...

Those Hot Air Balloonists songs are lovely.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I really do hate Bel Auburn. Ok, not really. Just their music.

But Boy Least Likely To are awesome and if I had a myspace/friendster/livejournal I would totally post that test.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was a tiger too!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com