The Rich Girls Are Weeping

29 December 2005

Hello to readers referred from My Old Kentucky Blog & Clever Titles Are So Last Summer! We're back from 2 days on the road in a car full of Christmas loot. If you're ever stopping over in Ozona, Texas -- check out the Super 8 Motel at exit 372 off Interstate 10. There's a solarium. With a pool and hot tub! It was the nicest roadside motel I'd ever stayed at.

Anyway, here's a song to tide you over until I can get my act together (tomorrow, we hope!) and maybe talk about my five favorite songs of 2005 or something like that.

I made the grievous mistake of not grabbing some mp3s of a CD my mom recommended, Les Double Six, a
super French vocalese sextet from the '60's. (Mom, if you're reading, send tracks, pls!) So, here's a song instead that, when listened to on repeat, made the drive a lot less tedious.

The Wrens -- Pretty O.K.

(from The Wrens' out-of-print
Abbott 1135 EP, which will supposedly be re-released soon from Absolutely Kosher, but there's no firm date as of yet.)

1 Comments:

Blogger carolyn rhea drapes aka chacal said...

right when i read this i thought, "i bet she didn't get any trax from the double six..." will do asap.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com