The Rich Girls Are Weeping

18 May 2006

Adorableness fucking squared. TRGAW pal & sassy sharkskin suit owner Miguel Hinojosa interviews uh, TRGAW pal & Voxtrot frontman Ramesh Srivastava for Austinist. (Thx to La Karen Meow Meow for the heads-up!)

Excerpt:

Do you think music should affect the head, the heart or the body?

(whispers) All three.

Why does love die?

Well, Miguel, I wish I knew why love dies. There [must] be examples of actual, lasting love. I'm not sure at what point it transforms from love into ... necessity. Just like, "Oh, maybe if we stick it out long enough? It would be stupid to just give it up." I don't know. Maybe if it's based on superficial elements, then that's why it dies. Maybe not even obviously superficial [things], but [those] that end up [being] superficial.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Les amours mortes N'en finissent pas de mourir …"
Les feuilles mortes (La chanson de Prévert) by Serge Gainsbourg

Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Miguel's questions are as pretentious as he is.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

You know, I don't want to turn off anonymous commenting, so I'd ask that if you're going to dis me or you know, people I know, or bands I like, please have the balls to do so without the cloak of anonymity. Thanks.

Friday, May 19, 2006 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually found his questions surprisingly naive. not in the sense of clueless as naive often connotes, but in the lack of irony sense.

or maybe i'm naive as in clueless to think that, i dunno.

Friday, May 19, 2006 5:35:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

I guess I'm biased, I thought the interview was really charming and sweet, and the questions were completely appropriate, if yes, a little simplistic. But it's clear that the two are friends, and it makes for an engaging and enlightening interview.

Monday, May 22, 2006 1:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com