The Rich Girls Are Weeping

21 April 2008



We've caved. We have a Tumblr (like all the cool kids, apparently), which we totally adore. We've already linked to lots of thrilling things: scopitones, recipes, show schedules ... you name it. One thing I hate, however is the lack of comment functionality, but I'm sure that serves some esoteric Web 2.0 purpose that I can't fathom. It feels so self-indulgent with no feedback! And yet! It's high on the instant gratification factor! There's good and bad, I guess. (Speaking of new toys, I've dabbled with Muxtape, but haven't posted anything yet.)

Anyway, add our Tumblr to your RSS feed reader, or we'll kick yr butt.


And, watch this space for my review of the Bellmer Dolls @ The Charleston, Week Two (yay, my turn to write about them!) and a rundown of the best and worst that's passed through our post box lately. Thrills!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can add comment functionality to Tumblr with Disqus if you don't mind the extra effort of integrating it: http://hacks.tumblr.com/post/22981935

I subscribed!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is this tumblr you speak of? it appears to be a bit like livejournal. maybe it hasn't quite caught on in the UK yet. that or i'm just a massive loser.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Pierre: Thanks! I'm gonna look into that this weekend!

Saam: It's a bit like LJ, I guess, more elegant and less clunky? I like the fact that I can just post whatever catches my eye without waiting to put it in a big post here later. (:

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com