The Rich Girls Are Weeping

31 January 2006

More, more, more: How do you like it, how do you like it? More. Note to self: don't forget to pick up your dress from the dry cleaners, and shoes from the cobbler after work today. Okay, now that's out of the way, here's the slighty more edgy follow-up to this rather popular post! I have yet another one of the lovely, mellow Feist remixes -- this time from DoRight (sorry, the quality isn't the best, I didn't do the vinyl rip). There's a Go! Team b-side from the Ladyflash EP, one of the New Order b-side remixes of their classics (I've posted "Temptation," natch, but there were new versions of "Everything's Gone Green" and "Bizzare Love Triangle" too) from the 7-inch release of "Waiting for the Sirens' Call," as interpreted by the fantastic Secret Machines (who have a new album out this spring), an absolutely killer DFA remix of Hot Chip, and the glitchy, anvil smashing, typewriter tapping Four Tet remix of Boom Bip's "Third Steam" (I think there's a dot matrix printer and some sleigh bells in there too. Sleigh bells!). Enjoy, and pls. support the artists whose tracks you enjoy. Hey, I just realized that I saw all these artists play live in 2005 -- in some form or another -- as in the case of Feist (with Broken Social Scene) and the DFA (LCD Soundsystem and The Juan Maclean), save Hot Chip -- whom I hope to see at SXSW this year.

Feist -- Gatekeeper (DoRight Remix Vocal)

The Go! Team -- The Wrath of Mikey
New Order -- Temptation (Secret Machines Remix Full Length)
Hot Chip -- Just Like We (Breakdown) (DFA Remix)
Boom Bip -- Third Steam (Four Tet Remix)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the Feist remixes, I linked to you from my blog featuring Feist featurings...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

I think I have a few more to post, but I'm saving them for another day. (;

Thanks for reading and for the link!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're okay with that, but this blog is hotlinking your Secret Machines/New Order...

http://januaryisdisastrous.blogspot.com/2006/02/new-order-depeche-mode-and-more.html

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Thanks for the heads-up -- I don't know what I can do in situations like this, other than change the file name or contact the guy.

The sad reality is that I have a lot of people leeching my bandwidth, and unfortunately, I really don't have the time to contact all of them.

So hey, if anyone out there reading this is thinking of hotlinking to my files, please don't. In case you weren't aware, it's quite rude. Link to the original post, please. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger j said...

not the best filmmaking, but hopefully captured some of the energy:

http://lets-do-this.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com