The Rich Girls Are Weeping

07 March 2006

They hit the road in a small, small vehicle and they stayed on tour for seven consecutive months, give or take, give or take a couple of months. The flyers are almost done and the lineup is almost set for the SXSW day party that we're throwing on Wednesday the 15th from 5-8pm (at The Lair Upstairs, 300 E. 6th Street) with depravedfangirls.org, sxswbaby.com and seeyouinthepit.com -- you'll have all the deets soon enough (and the preliminary details were posted yesterday in a few places...); it's gonna be a grand time -- so if you'll be in town, pencil us in!

I'm also so busy at work, it's not even funny. I've been working on the financials of a giant health insurance company for days, and I can't get the numbers to add up. So frustrating. So, this is the time of year that I just load the giant playlist that's all my super-favorite Mountain Goats songs (you know, approx. 1/5 of the entire back catalog) and hunker down. And inevitably I find a few forgotten gems, and it's always especially fun to unearth the cover versions, both by The Mountain Goats and Of The Mountain Goats lurking about on my hard drive.


Beulah -- Alpha Incipiens
The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers -- Against Pollution (live)

The Mountain Goats -- The Boys Are Back In Town [with Remix To Ignition breakdown] (live)
(this may be just about the best thing ever)
The Mountain Goats -- The Sign (live)
(sorry for the really bad quality)
The Mountain Goats -- Terror Song (live)
(that hollerin' girl always makes my day)
The Mountain Goats -- Tell Me On a Sunday
(I've always wished Mr. Darnielle would do another Andrew Lloyd Weber cover -- maybe "Love Changes Everything" or something)

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Fab cover by Beulah! Wish I were going to be in Austin for your party--sounds fun.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Of all the bands that have broken up in the past few years, I miss Beulah the most; I need to do a post on them.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger carolyn rhea drapes aka chacal said...

excellent poster for your big doin's. ;) glad you have 3.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that Thin Lizzy cover is so money.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Ben: I know! I listen to it incessantly -- more than is healthy, I'm sure. (Hey, I really like yr. blog!)

Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com