The Rich Girls Are Weeping

05 March 2006

I'm just trying to matter. We've heard through the grapevine that the Arcade Fire played a private party out in the country Thursday night while we took in I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness down at Emo's. Even with our amazing Google skills and hasty phone calls to our gossipy, well-connected friends, we've only heard one other vague whisper confirming the news. We think we know whose house that was, and we're kinda bummed we weren't invited. We don't mind, really -- the ...Chosen Darkness show was choice. But if you were there, you must let us know how it was! Unless they made you promise not to tell, in which case, you should let us buy you a drink and tell us anyway!

And seriously, was there ever an Oscar for Best Original Song that was better-won? Rock on, Three 6 Mafia! And, wow, I just had to take a break to get a little emo over Reese Witherspoon's lovely acceptance speech. Now, back to that bread I'm making. For reals, that's what I'm up to, watching the Oscars, tweaking some stuff in Photoshop and baking bread from a recipe in this month's Saveur. I'm just all kinds of multi-talented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com