The Rich Girls Are Weeping

24 February 2006

Her stories are boring and stuff; she's always calling my bluff. I can't seem to get focused today. I'm wearing my new green shoes, plus have a lunch date with one of my very best friends and a displaced New Orleans bluesman, and I'm counting the minutes. Because the only other thing that awaits right now are the balance sheets of billion dollar companies and data extrapolation. And people wonder why I'd rather write about music.

Occasionally, I get Interpol's "Obstacle 1" stuck in my head, and it will not leave the premises. Especially those chiming Television-esque guitars; this morning was one of those times. My landlord was knocking on the door to tell me the exterminator had arrived, and all I could think about was the bleak drone of those fellows in bespoke. That leads me to wonder -- do you keep track of what song's in your head when you wake up in the morning? Or are my pals Miss Jones and Sasha and I just weird like that?


Interpol -- Obstacle 1 (Arthur Baker's Return To New York Mix - Edit)

Oh, children. The following remix is blissfully divine. Get ready for your weekend: Put it on and dance around your bedroom in your underpants. I'm serious. If you love me, you'll do it.
In case you couldn't tell by now, I truly adore the new Hot Chip record a whole lot. And you'd better believe I'll be paying to download The Earlies' remix of "Over and Over" on Tuesday (Hot Chip + The Earlies = swooning), the official street date of the four versions of the single. The following is the 12" release, and the b-side, "Plastic," is also pretty darn amazing.

Hot Chip - Over and Over (Naum Gabo Remix)

Max Tundra, you wacky genius, you! I also wanted to post his cover of Architecture in Helsinki's "The Owls Go," but for some reason, the FTP ate it. Bad, bad FTP.

Max Tundra -- Tell It To My Heart (Taylor Dayne cover)

Have a wonderful weekend, kiddiewinkles. I'll be alternately rocking out and working in Photoshop and writing. How glamourous is that?

(Sidebar: I got an RIAA infringement notice for one of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs tracks, so they're all going down today. )

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell of shoes are that?
anyway...thanks for the nice music!

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your infringement notice; that's how you know you've "made it."

By the way, is this becoming a remix blog?

Friday, February 24, 2006 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Angry Robot: It seems that way, doesn't it? It's not intentional, really. I guess that's just what I'm into these days. I'm sure I'll be into something else soon!

Friday, February 24, 2006 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

giulio: They're ... really high heels, I can tell you that. They're fun. Thanks for reading. (:

Friday, February 24, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

max tundra link isn't working :(

Friday, February 24, 2006 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Anon: Sorry about that! It's working now.

Friday, February 24, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger JJS III said...

I got an RIAA notice about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs tracks too! I feel your pain. They threatened to suspend my iDisk and now I'm trying to figure out new ways to host files.

Saturday, February 25, 2006 4:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that Interpol remix, as little as Arthur Baker actually did to the song. It's just a few tweaks that make it, in my mind, perfect. I think he should do a whole album of interpol remixes, as at least on this one, he knew exactly what to do to make it perfect.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hmm, I'm curious about those shoes too and how one walks in heels that high. They are somewhat similar to some royal blue chunky heeled sandals I have. That gets me to thinking of my favorite shoes of all time--leopard print vinyl open-toed shoes with a big buckle. Ah, remembrance of shoes past...doesn't take much with me.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

amy: not to be too trite, but very, very carefully! but honestly, you spend a lot of time keeping one eye on the ground and spending a lot of effort making it look like they're no bother at all to get around in!

i didn't realize it until i wore them out this weekend, but they're the highest heels i've ever owned -- they make me a good approximation of about 6" tall, which is kind of scary.

your leopard print shoes sound fantastic. i'm such a sucker for sassy shoes.

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

joe john: hope you find an alternative for hosting, but it seems that if you take the songs down, you should be okay where you are? i hope they didn't give you the boot.

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

chris: agreed on both counts!

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com