The Rich Girls Are Weeping

19 April 2006

Please excuse this break from the no-image aesthetic we work here at TRGAW. This is what happens when we should be working on curriculae vitae (or, you know, résumés, etc.) -- YouTube is much more fascinating.

Pinkie's selection (though, I love this song too):

This Mortal Coil -- Song to the Siren


My selection (which, I'm sure Pinkie does not appreciate):

Harry Nilsson -- Without Her

And, from around the 'net, other people's YouTube finds: marathon packs has The Village People's "Sex Over the Phone" (Pinkie asks: "Why are there chicks in a Village People video?" Excellent question, I say. I was just getting kind of depressed that the song is kind of a weird post-AIDS version of Cruisin'). If you're up for it, watch the "Average Homeboy" video as well -- it's positively cringeworthy. Blegh.

Via Vonelle, here's a massive post of some really incredible videos including shorts by Maya Deren and Stan Brakahge, music videos from the Sex Pistols, the John Coltrane Quartet, and The Velvet Underground, and footage of Basquiat at work. Dang.

Late additions

Roxy Music -- Virginia Plain (live on Beat Club, 1972)

This song is special for a myriad of reasons, namely in that it is evidence that Bryan Ferry is "one suave motherfucker." We might tell you all the other reasons sometime. With tequila shots or kahlua and coffee...

And some videos we like a whole lot (which probably gives some indication of how geriatric we are...):
Pale Saints -- Kinky Love
Tanita Tikaram -- Twist in My Sobriety
The Cure -- Pictures of You (long version)
Kate Bush -- Love and Anger

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm nearing the middle part of this age range we call "the thirties". I remember when Ancient Heart came out. It was one of my first cds, and I still listen to it once in awhile. My favorites beside "Twist in My Sobriety" were "He Likes The Sun" and "Valentine Heart". Also, Kate Bush will probably always hold the distinction of being my favorite, no matter how many art house or alt-country bands I fall in love with.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

I have Ancient Heart on vinyl, I remember getting it for my birthday -- I think I was turning 13?

Do you remember, was there a video for any of the other singles on that album?

Kate Bush is rapidly becoming a favorite; her music means so much more to me as an adult.

Monday, April 24, 2006 1:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com