The Rich Girls Are Weeping

12 April 2006

Back from NYC, and a recap is on the way. Frantically busy at work; I was gone two days, but it seemed like a month had passed! This is the first moment I've had to sneak in a post. I was in roughtly 15,000 meetings today. Or something.

So anyway, I was just sitting here, kinda spaced out, listening to things randomly in iTunes and was like, "Hmmm, this is weird, I don't know this Okkervil River song. It's so ... accessable." Turns out it wasn't Okkervil River at all, but Chicago singer-songwriter Devin Davis. RIYL Okkervil River (natch), The Long Winters, Manishevitz, and Harry Nilsson. No kidding.

Also, you're so in luck because Maneja Beto have a new song up on their Myspace page!

There was something else I wanted to tell you ... I can't remember now for the life of me what it was, though. Probably something about how I was completely flummoxed at the sheer number of Kill Hannah "afterparties" raging everywhere in the East Village/Lower East Side on Monday night. Um, whatevs! Totally barfy, just like the two (2) Escalades full of party girls outside of one bar in particular. Something tells me that wasn't the Wolfmother (by which I mean WOLF PARADE -- too many damn wolf bands) afterparty, you know?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and where were you at the Quasi show? I was with my squeeze up on the balcony, enjoying the show from the Knitting Factory's incomparible *cough* seated area.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Sorry we didn't see you -- we were up in the balcony too, but it's so dark in there, you can never see anyone!

Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com