The Rich Girls Are Weeping

26 July 2006

Speaking of interesting videos... Everyone's aware that Devotchka are totally posed attain Shins-like success, due to the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack action, right? (I mean, have they been profiled on NPR yet? Because that would totally cement it... Check it, in 2005, even!) I mean, both the film and the band are like a perfect storm of respectable, gentle quirkiness that can attain a modicum of mainstream success.

I just wanted to get that out there now, you know. If I'm wrong, well, I'll bake y'all some cupcakes or something. (Pinkie and I make hella good cupcakes, just ask the glitterati of the indie rock world!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, i luv me some cupcakes! ladies, will you be coming up to nyc again anytime soon cause i'd like to hang out. xxoo c

Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

No, not with the kids, probably with their parents, and people in uh, my general demographic, actually.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

collen: sadly, summer cashflow issues have hampered our travel schedule, but we'll definitely let you know when we're headed up there again -- hopefully that will be soon-ish!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com