The Rich Girls Are Weeping

10 August 2006

Well, I'm doing a whole lot better today, thank goodness, though I'm still resting up at home and not in the office. The main agenda for the day has been eating dry toast, listening to Nilsson and The Format, and sending way too many emails. Thrills!

That being said, doesn't that make it a remix kind of day...?

Robots! Robots with vocoders are talking over the world, I tell you!

MSTRKRFT -- Work On You (Para One Remix)

I love semi-crappy anonymous white label 320 bpm drum'n'bass remixes, don't you? Go! Go! DANCE OMG DANCE RIGHT NOW! Frenetic doesn't even begin to cover it, and it kind of sounds like an anime action sequence: XTINA SAVES HUMANITY!!!! (From the robots with vocoders, perhaps?) Which you know, she totally could. Or something.

Christina Aguilera -- Ain't No Other Man (DNB Bootleg)

I listened to Gotye's latest album, Like Drawing Blood, and I found it to be rather boring, truth be told. Which, naturally, makes this remix from Faux Pas all the more impressive, especially that horn breakdown. Pretty! (To check out Gotye, unremixed, check Le Hype Machine.)

Gotye -- Coming Back (Faux Pas Back to Bellhead mix)

Requisite Goldfrapp remix. I swear, I don't think I'll ever run out of these... This one is quite naughty -- check that dirty bass line and the scrunchy electro bits. Does go on and on a bit, though.

Goldfrapp -- Fly Me Away (The Naughty Rmx)

Speaking of dirty, Tiga goes above and beyond here, which is wholly appropriate. Lovely stuff.

Depeche Mode -- Shake the Disease (Tiga Remix, Promo Edit)

And, because we all need a little ridiculousness in our lives... I love this song, truth be told, and this remix has floor-filler written all over it. Which amuses me greatly.

Fall Out Boy -- Dance, Dance (Lindbergh Palace Remix)

[Sidebar: NPR reviewed Candy Bars and The Theater Fire on All Things Considered Tuesday. Glad to see the phrase 'indie rock renaissance' has entered the vernacular...]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, i'm lovin' xtina's new song! i ain't skerd to testify -- that shit's OFF THE CHAIN!!! good call :)

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's hoping you never run out of those goldfrapp remixes! glad you're feeling better, too.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling much better. I plan on bringing the faggot posse to the Peacock on Sunday. Am I allowed to shake my ass at the turntables if particularly inspired? I used to practice being a poolside rapper's girl should the day arise that mainstream hip hop loses its rigid notions of gender and sexuality.

terry

Friday, August 11, 2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Pinkie von Bloom said...

terry, i totally have a white rabbit fur coat that you can borrow so that you can be a video ho in grand style. michaela can bring the bling--she's got this thing that has a crown and some other sparkly bits.

Friday, August 11, 2006 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com