The Rich Girls Are Weeping

03 August 2006

Ok, I know I complained about crudeness in the last post. But I swear, every darn boy-blogger out there probably creamed his jeans over the Swan Lake track that Jagjaguar PR just passed along. Welcome to the next-blogged thing, kids. But what else can you expect from a side-project/bro-mance featuring Alpha Indie Boys Dan Bejar (of Destroyer), Spencer Krug (of Wolf Parade and Sunset Rubdown) and Cary Mercer (of Frog Eyes)? I mean, really? (And, okay -- this tidbit reveals promising things, mostly because Mr. Krug and Mr. Mercer manage to temper Mr. Bejar's ... Dan-Bejar-ness... without surpressing it.)

You'll be able to get this everywhere, I imagine -- but I'll post it anyway.

Swan Lake -- All Fires

ETA: HAHAHA. Representative sample responses? Head over to to my fave testosterone-meter, GvsB... I mean, I think someone actually used the word 'jizz.' Boys!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This record will be my dream come true, only thing that would make it better is if Robert Wyatt joined in on keyboards.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Andy Fenwick said...

I liked it better than I expected, but these jeans stayed clean. If Bejar doesn't sing, they'll be making a good decision, as far as making music together.

Monday, August 07, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Oh, Frank -- you're not a boy-blogger, you're a man -- I don't lump you in with them at all. I should have noted the exeption in the text. (;

Monday, August 07, 2006 6:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com