The Rich Girls Are Weeping

01 February 2006

Can I lick the crumbs off your table? The staff here at Rich Girls HQ (even the delinquent fact-checker) are off to NYC for a few days, where we plan to take full advantage of tax-free shopping , go to the PLUG Awards, and do all kinds of loathsome hipster tastemaker activities on the Lower East Side. If you're in the area and happen to see a girl with a chocolate cupcake and a can of $2 Rhinegold in a black seal fur coat chatting up the boys at Cake Shop, that'll probably be me!

That being said, a short post today, since I've got things to wrap up in the office and a suitcase to pack. I have a folder in iTunes called 'Pairs,' where I keep two songs that would sound awesome next to each other on a mix CD. Unfortunately, I have three that may not ever make it on one -- so I'm posting the little pairings here for you. The only stipulaiton is that you listen to them back to back, okay?

Final Fantasy -- This is the Dream of Win and Regine
Dntel -- (This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan

I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness -- When You Go Out
Blondie -- Atomic

The Slits -- I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Delta 5 -- Mind Your Own Business

Ok, I'll be back Monday. Have a good weekend, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

6 Comments:

Blogger evan said...

I like that slits song.

Friday, February 03, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love both of these "dream" songs ... is that Ben Gibbard singing on the Dntel track? Where did it come from?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny-- my partner Tim, DJ Donimo of our club Shadowplay, would always play the Slits "Heard It Through The Grapevine" with the Delta 5 "Mind Your Own Business." (And then last year, he started playing New Young Pony Club's "Ice Cream" after "Mind Your Own Business.")

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

sara: DNTEL is Jimmy Tamborelli's (of The Postal Service) main project; this track pre-dates The Postal Service project proper, and but is seen as sort of a proto-PS song.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

dan: I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees the great back-to-back potential of those tracks. I have that New Young Pony Club song somewhere, I need to dig it up and see how it sounds after "MYOB."

Sidebar: I'm kind of bummed out, one of my really good friends just moved back to Austin from SF, otherwise I'd totally try and make it out for one of your parties sometime -- they totally sound like my kind of thing. I still have friends there, but it's so astronomically expensive for some reason to fly between the two cities. Blah.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, win and regine from arcade fire. they make me so happy.

:)

Sunday, April 16, 2006 8:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com