The Rich Girls Are Weeping

22 February 2006

You don't need a reason to get out on the dancefloor. Short post today; woke up feeling kind of weird. First of all, Gorilla vs. Bear has mp3s of Voxtrot's appearance on WOXY's Live Lounge yesterday (dead links removed) -- they even did a cover of Comet Gain's "You Can Hide Your Love Forever." C'est adorable. Moving on, this is my new favorite song in the universe. No, really. It is. How could you not love Stereo Total -- I mean, really? Stereo Total -- Everybody in the Discotheque (I Hate) (We Love Motor Mark Mix) And to round out your Wednesday dance party: The Rapture -- I Need Your Love (Ewan Pearson 'Stay in School' remix) [eta: this file seems to be corrupted, I will repost when I have a better version.] Scissor Sisters -- Take Your Mama Out (Hot Chip remix) In other news, I'm seeing Baby Dee, Weird Weeds, and Jonathan Meiburg of Shearwater at the Cactus Cafe tonight. You should totally come with me, or something. Should be an interesting and perhaps slightly difficult evening of music, which sounds exactly like what I need right now. (links removed due to DCMA complaint)

13 Comments:

Blogger The Trick said...

I just came across your blog and wow, you have a lot of cool stuff! Nice work!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree... plus, your taste is something one can depend on.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the show! How jealous I am.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just keep hooked on your blog...thank you

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you remind me of a rock in the way that you rock. your blog is awesome! thanks

Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Wow, you guys! So many nice comments today. Thank you for reading!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:55:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Lalitree: I wish you'd been there, it was incredible. Totally rocked my world and hit my reset button. I really needed that.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the tunes. quick question however - are the skips supposed to be in the rapture remix? just wanted to make sure that wasn't something on my end. cheers!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

licoricegirl: You know, i'm really not sure -- but after I posted it, I wondered about that. Let me see if I can find another version somewhere, or get a hold of the actual CD, and if there's a problem, I'll repost it.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

hey, awesome stuff but there's some skips in the rapture song + it won't let me finish downloading it. stops after 1.8mb

/Martin
http://www.discobelle.net/

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Martin: Yeah, it seems to have become corrupted in the upload, I need to see if the original file is okay. If not, I'll repost a better version, I'm taking this one down for now. Thanks for letting me know!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wnt the Supersystem track desperately

Sunday, November 05, 2006 2:49:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

nilina: which track?

Monday, November 06, 2006 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com