The Rich Girls Are Weeping

26 September 2006

Strobes and gore ahoy (all 1:40 of it), you've been warned. Your video for the day: The Horrors, "Sheena is a Parasite." So, about a month ago, I decided that I really wasn't much for The Horrors, but then I learnt (from yes, a PR and promo that appeared in my mailbox yesterday) that the video for this song stars Samantha Morton (Morvern Callar, Minority Report) and is directed by Chris Cunningham, who's directed, among other things, those freaky Aphex Twin vids. Somehow, that made me like the song a whole lot more, shocker! I'm not sure about the rest of The Horrors' output -- I described them to Pinkie as total punky kindergoth, the y chromosome version of Scarling -- but if they last longer than an EP (er, set for release on Stolen Transmission this fall), or an album, The Horrors might actually be kind of interesting, eventually. Right about now, they really are kind of a clunky Frankenstein's monster of The Fall + Nick Cave -- but on a practical level, for the sake of a shocking, in-yr.-face hit single, it works.

1 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

not as messed up as "come to daddy" but stil very good :)

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com