The Rich Girls Are Weeping

09 November 2006


Best. Best. Best. So, not a huge post today because when I'm not working, I'm applying for jobs, but here's some of the ultra-best things I've seen/heard in the past few days. (And, I promise, I'll try not to descend too deeply into OMG I NEED A JOB angst too badly. Because I also have OMG I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF angst and OMG WE NEED AN APARMENT angst too. I'll be sure to spare you from that as much as possible.) Tonight's event should be fun, a cocktail hour for the Austin Lyric Opera's ARIA group -- it's the outreach program for young professionals. We're going to attempt to be both young and professional and have proper cocktail manners, all at once.

Best compliment:

Our sassy friend at new blog The Cold Inclusive sure knows how to make a splash in the blog-o-sphere. It's nice to be included in such good company.

Best song:

Loveninjas -- I wanna be like Johnny C.


Seriously, can I just like, live in a world scored by the best of the Labrador label? Alternatively, I'll take Loveninjas, who apparently used be kind of spazzy and odd and play shows in ninja masks and heart costumes, but they've supposedly moved on. Mostly, they just look kind of adorable and Swedish and wear striped scarves. And sing perfect dance pop numbers that somehow manage to amalgamate influences across the last oh, 30 years or so without sounding a bit stale or retread-y. (Myspace) (Download more from their earlier EPs at the Loveninjas site. "Keep Your Love" is great.)

BONUS: For the record, this is only way to appropriately deal with The Killers.


Best video:



The Rapture -- Whoo! Alright! Yeah... Uh Huh.

And, of course, I could go on about how So Divided is the THE BEST ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead album ever, but I'm leaving that for Pinkie to cover later this week! (Seriously, I cannot get enough of "Gold Heart Mountaintop Queen Directory.")

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
If u wanna download the video, u can find some links at the bottom of this post in my blog
http://llamamelola.com/2006/11/10/the-rapture-whoo-alright-%e2%80%94-yeah-uh-huh/

Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:17:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

So Divided is the THE BEST ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead album ever...Seriously, I cannot get enough of "Gold Heart Mountaintop Queen Directory."

I suspect that's because they didn't write it, but I've got a long history of major AYWKUBTTOD indifference, so I'm not really gonna piss in your punch.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! Let's do a link exchange!

http://hesaidshesaidthis.blogspot.com

Peace!
--He Said She Said This!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Paul, I totes appreciate Guided by Voices, but I kind of just don't "get" them. You know how it is...

...and the rest of the record is just about as good as that track, seriously.

Friday, November 10, 2006 1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com