The Rich Girls Are Weeping

10 March 2006

Already sunburned -- no really; it was 90 degrees today and I did have lunch outside. I didn't go into work today, just ran errands (shoes, dry cleaning, printers, lunch date) and went down to the convention center to get my SXSW stuff. There's not a whole lot of people here yet, but downtown is already rife with lost-looking people, it's only going to get more crowded from here on out. So, off to start my weekend with a haircut, dinner, and laundry. Yup, it's official, the insanity has begun! (Hah.) But at least I can grab free beverages and chair massages in the platinum badge holder's lounge at the convention center. Uh huh, all right!

So, here's some weekend music for you, some from people I'm totally planning to see at when the music part of SXSW starts up next week.

Art Brut -- Good Weekend

I can't say enough good things about this song. Art Brut = genius. Really.

Crystal Skulls -- Hard Party (Remix)

This is massively dirty, which means I totally love it. There's something about the jazzy syncopation of the Crystal Skulls' music that really grabs me.

The Twilight Singers -- Forty Dollars

Major props to Greg Dulli for recording and finishing the latest Twilight Singers album, Powder Burns, in New Orleans; this song is a pomo pastiche of love song hooks about ... hookers. Very Bellocq of him. Or something.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a policy of always downloading/listening to/giving a chance to songs about prostitutes. so thanks!

p.s. the new masthead is really nice (at least i think it's new, since i usually see these posts on bloglines sans design).

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out these acoustic versions of Art Brut songs I found on http://www.scruntybastard.co.uk/afor/ They're bare-bones beauties.

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUH?????????

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

anon: care to elaborate?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com