The Rich Girls Are Weeping

08 June 2006

Goodness gracious! Everything is askew! Blogger was down for most of the afternoon. My financial situation is, at best, a hideous mess. And I'll be in meetings most of the day tomorrow!

But yes, thanks, that little break was nice. Pinkie and I totally bolted, not surprisingly, for what looks to be our last trip mixing business and pleasure to NYC. More on that later.

Until then, light a candle for me. Or send $5 to the Cindy Appreciation Fund -- either/or. (I'm kidding, natch -- but very soon I may not be. I mean, it worked for Kottke and that Karyn girl, right? Ha!) Seriously, though -- if you're a book collector type, drop me a line if you're interested in the purchase (make an offer!) of my near-complete set of McSweeney's Quarterly Concern #1-17 (#1-3 2nd printing, #4 autographed by Dave Eggers, #10 is the mass market paperback ed., and I'm missing #14 & #15 but they're still readily available.)

[Act now and Pinkie will throw in her Simon & Schuster uncorrected proof of Eggers' Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. Note that Eggers was dropped from the Scribner group shortly after the release of this title, and is now with Random House. Secure this $1 value NOW!!! (She's kidding, but if you are an interested Eggers completist, feel free to make an offer.)]

Maximo Park -- Apply Some Pressure (radio edit)
Mazarin -- Another One Goes By (This track is very graciously covered by The Walkmen on A Hundred Miles Off; oh, and remind me to tell you my Mazarin story sometime! At any rate, their album, We're Already There, was one of the overlooked gems of 2005.)


Tidbits: Currently loving the spankin' new self-titled Ladyhawk record (they're totally where Bob Mould meets Rick Danko -- or something like that), and OMG, don't tell, but I'm smitten with UK popsters The Feeling -- I can't resist their delightfully unapologetic 70s AM Gold sound.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Mazarin! Please tell your Mazarin story.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com