The Rich Girls Are Weeping

12 September 2006

These three items may or may not be true:

This is the sexiest-sounding song I've heard in ... well, ages, really. Not too sure about the lyrics, though... Sorry to be the last person on this bandwagon, seriously. Everyone was telling me about this record, and for some reason, I just kept acting like I had no idea who Junior Boys were. Duh.

Junior Boys -- In The Morning
Junior Boys -- In The Morning (Alex Smoke remix)
Junior Boys -- Bellona


My neighbor is totally running away with one of the guys in Snow Patrol! For reals! (Or, that's the word on the street anyway...) I think she's already jetted off, all the plants are gone from her balcony. I'm kind of sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. She was the best kind of neighbor -- hardly home, but she threw good parties, and it was always nice to run into her downtown...

Snow Patrol -- Crazy in Love (Beyoncé cover) [eta: it's the right version now!]
Snow Patrol -- Teenage Kicks (The Undertones cover)
Snow Patrol -- The Blower's Daughter (Damien Rice cover)


...oh, and apparently we missed Joanna Newsom playing keyboards at that Smog show @ the Cactus a while back. Gah! Additionally: Now that Mr. Callahan lives here in Austin, I know of at least four perfectly normal, sane women who are totally stalking him! Well -- he's totes stalkable, really!

Smog -- I Break Horses (Peel Session)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm seeing Junior Boys this weekend! Woohoo!

Their album has been in heavy rotation for the last couple weeks, I'm in love with it. Pretty much.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and that's who emo's sticks in the stupid lounge (jr boys)! the sound in there had better be unprecedentedly decent or i'm going to be pissed.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger catdirt said...

not to be confused with the mid 90s remix/dj act/record label junior boys own from london...ha-ha.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An excellent find Candy Hotpants!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Yikes, I've had so many url errors lately. Sorry again, that's what I get for posting in a hurry. It should be working now!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that this "crazy in love" cover was done by The Magic Numbers? It sure sounds like them....

Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:33:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Ho lordy. Gotta love the internet. I think you're right, anon. Good catch.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 5:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com