The Rich Girls Are Weeping

07 September 2006

Jungle Julia explained. If you've driven around South Austin lately, especially on South Congress, you might be wondering "Who the heck is Jungle Julia?" -- the fetching young lady who graces at least 5 billboards, all advertising her radio shows. Pinkie and I posited that she might be some kind of viral marketing campaign, but we were so wrong. As always, it's Quentin Tarantino's fault... Well, Mr. Rodriguez is kinda culpable too.

Harvee -- Hiding Julia (site)
Pit Er Pat -- I Am The Jungle
(site)

3 Comments:

Blogger Pinkie von Bloom said...

the castle. the damned castle. why hasn't he put up a billboard there too? and yes, for the record, jungle julia IS hot...but i'd hardly call her a "wild haired young woman." rather i could make a statement about expensive hair, and mention the time that D pretended to slap me and said "bitch, i told you not to take my good ponytail," but that would probably be misinterpreted. (NB--when i had that hair, my ponytail did look fake...and said incident occurred on the same day that he'd already done the whole of the mariah carey "loverboy" choreography on john's desk, using the boxfan as a wind machine.)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger candy hotpants said...

Mickey Rourke wants the castle too! Brawl! Brawl!

She's Sidney Poiter's daughter, btw.

I'd pay VERY good money to see D do that routine again. And yes, I have been known to use my wee little desk fan as a wind machine too...

Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that harvee track is tha bomb! love it! tks for sharing that with us...

Friday, September 08, 2006 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com