The Rich Girls Are Weeping

07 September 2006

Tiny tidbits.

"You want to make something real. You want to make a Yaz record." Please excuse me whilst I go through my latest phase...

Yaz -- Bring Your Love Down (Didn't I)

...And then there's the day you find another person with even more exquisite, more little-c-catholic taste than your own: lovefingers.org

I'll always love Bob Mould. His new project, Blowoff (oh, gosh...) is well, exactly what the world needs right now -- disaffected yet unpretentious thumpy-house dance-pop. No kidding. (Thx, Eric Marathonpacks -- check out "Saturday Night All The Time" @ his blog...) Blowoff plays the Folsom Street Fair September 24. Do with that information what you will, uh, leather fans...

Husker Du -- Celebrated Summer
Sugar -- Come Around


We forgot to mention our rapidly-ascending pals, The Hourly Radio, put out the hard copy (it had previously been available on iTunes only for the past few months) of their album, History Doesn't Hold Me, this week. (Congrats, guys!!) They're playing Houston tonight, Dallas Saturday. We'll try not to take it too personally that Austin isn't on that itinerary...

The Hourly Radio -- Crime Does Pay (repost)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

noice post ladies -- me gusta!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Thanks, Colleen. :D

Friday, September 08, 2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger James said...

You've gotta love LoveFingers. Mentioned it yesterday on my blog too. It's like Aladdin's cave! Find of the year!

Friday, September 08, 2006 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

James: How funny! I missed that you wrote about it too. I just stumbled on it follwing some random links. I guess that's how the interenet is supposed to work.

That being said, new obsession! Durutti Column! We'll not get into how I'd never heard them before...

Friday, September 08, 2006 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com