The Rich Girls Are Weeping

26 September 2006

"Throbbing Gristle 'n' Pals" -- a phrase that has gotten far too much mileage since last fall's WFMU record fair, but does an apt job of describing...well...Throbbing Gristle 'n' Pals up to and including the previously mentioned Chris Carter / Chris & Cosey / Chronomatic / Conspiracy International / CTI, et al, Psychic TV, Coil, and half a hundred other post-project collaborative side-projects and their side-projects.

Admittedly, this overview is fairly pedestrian, because I'm not sure that I've ever been a "fan" of Throbbing Gristle 'n' Pals aside from Trance-era Chris & Cosey and some of Chris Carter's noodlier Roland MC-8 wankery. Suffice it to say that there was a boy involved in my Current 93, Test Dept., and Cold Meat Industry days, as well as my years with Throbbing Gristle 'n' Pals. I parted ways with Psychic TV sometime after the Cold Blue Torch remixes from Spahn Ranch and Cevin Key. (But damn, that Leæther Strip remix of "I Believe What You Said" was good, yo.) And I lost the Coil to my ex in the divorce (along with the Cocteau Twins CDs; and Cindy mentions that a former hot neighbor made off with her Coil). It's a checkered past, to say the least, and it doesn't involve quite as much make-up and corsetry as you would imagine, but probably as many substances as you might think. However, I am proud to say that I have never worn polyvinylchloride...even though I did have a subscription to Propaganda in the early 90s.

Throbbing Gristle -- AB/7A
Throbbing Gristle -- Hot On The Heels Of Love
Throbbing Gristle -- United
Chris Carter -- Resonance
Chris Carter -- Solidit
Chris & Cosey -- Driving Blind (Vapourspace Moist Sexy Mix)
Chris & Cosey -- Walking Through Heaven (C & C Twist Mix)

Rhetorical Question: Does that Chris Carter action remind anyone else of the soundtrack to Æon Flux?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great TG tracks, ladies. Thanks for posting them!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com