The Rich Girls Are Weeping

13 November 2006

Things I've done today: a) written an ad to sell my car and b) turned in my resignation letter at work. Both were vaguely anticlimactic. In other news, apparently, we've confused the Trail of Dead crowd (sorry, registration required, but kind of worth it if you're into well, band message board torture) and become the target of a anonymous and toothless mp3 hateration blog that's apparently the work of someone who's not that anonymous. I really can't stop laughing over here. Oh, blog-o-sphere!

That being said, the video for Gwen Stefani's "Wind It Up" gave me a touch of a swimming headache -- do we need to direct complaints to Baz Luhrmann? Then again, there's no way he could have forseen this...

On the other hand, this is brilliant. Seriously. Sometimes I dream that Jake Shears will just turn into Elton John (or is it vice versa?), and that we'll all live happily ever after in AM mellow gold bliss.


Scissor Sisters -- Land Of Thousand Words.

Elsewhere: Girls Aloud cover Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" on the BBC One Live Lounge -- snag that at Oxygen Chunks; Fluxblog has the original.

More later, I'm slowly drowning under my to-do list.

[Lastest Joanna Newsom print-press-spotting: The December issue of Marie Claire.]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the video. Out of curiosity, what kind of car is the one you're Selling?

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:25:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

It's a 2002 Huyndai Elantra GT, midnight blue with a gray leather interior and only 42K miles on it! Drop me a line if you're interested (and that goes for all ya'll out there!)

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com