The Rich Girls Are Weeping

31 December 2005

As 2005 draws to a close, found myself pressed by a friend to think about a song that summed up the year for me. That's tough, one song? I had plans yesterday to post my 41 favorite songs of the year (that's right, 41), but I was shoved out of the office early before I could post the playlist, which, naturally, is only extant in complete form on my work computer. So, look for that on Tuesday.

In the meantime, here's four songs that meant a lot to me this year -- two old and two new. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Cindy Hotpoint's year -- in four songs.

New Order -- Temptation (12" mix). (On a number of releases, available from Amazon.)

Cocteau Twins -- Bluebeard. (Found most recently on the singles box set, Lullabies to Violaine, available from Amazon.)

Shearwater -- Turn Your Transmitters Off. (exclusive from their website)

Goldfrapp -- Number 1. (from Supernature, which will be released in the US in 2006. The Number 1 single is available from Insound.)

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve, and we'll see you in the 06!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com