The Rich Girls Are Weeping

15 February 2006

Hey, dear readers, I'm super busy and kind of under the weather today. I have to go to the doctor and a lunch appointment. I guess I had too much fun at that Voxtrot Valentine's Day show last night -- they covered "Cupid" complete with a violin and french horn. And I'm still swooning 'cause darling Ramesh liked my dress -- the flyer requested formal dress, and I complied. And then there was the part of the evening where Jason from ...Trail of Dead squired us through a crosswalk like we were old ladies -- which you know, we kind of are -- and then dashed off to Club de Ville, presumably to make it there before last orders! And at our post-show snacklet, the boys at Star Seeds entertained us by singing along to the greatest hits of ELO and Hall & Oates. It was a very good night indeed.

So, anyway, have you heard "Dudley," the latest leaked Yeah Yeah Yeahs track? [
behind this yousendit link] It totally makes me think of one of my favorite movies, The Bishop's Wife, where Cary Grant plays an angel named Dudley. I know, I'm weird. Anyway, it's really rather sweet, with a deceptively simple melody that echoes nursery rhymes in the best way possible. I'm really looking forward to the whole album.

Also, I just can't stop listening to
Paul Anka's cover of "Wonderwall." Seriously, it's so fantastically overblown, much in the same way the original is, only, you know, with a full big band instead of cranky drunkard brothers making a faux wall of sound.

Ok, I'll catch you kids later. Have a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Serenaded Hourly said...

SO annoying. I know that I just DL'd that YYY song. It took forever, because of the YSI-ness of it. But then, it disappeared, so I have to do it again. Why ain't you hosting that, honey? Why YSI?

*sobs*

My friend just did a documentary thingie on Trail of Dead, culling like 8 trillion hours of their own tapes and stuff. I should connect you to her, because she is friendy and good at the documentary stuff. And yes, she knows that I'm not into that band, but we're friends nonetheless.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Serenaded Hourly said...

Oh, wait, there's a reason why that YYY song doesn't work. It's 4k? Was it a reference file or something? What the hay?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Weird about the file -- here, I can fix things for you, sweetie.

Also, yes, I would love to meet your friend doing the ...Trail of Dead documentary. That sounds really neat.

http://www.slyblue.com/trgaw/Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Dudley.mp3

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Serenaded Hourly said...

Making a link so I can save it down.

Thanks, boo. Okay, I'll try and connect you on MySpace or friendster or something. You can talk shop.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com