The Rich Girls Are Weeping

14 February 2006

The book of love is long and boring. Happy Valentine's Day, y'all. Here's a smattering of love songs for you stuck to a doily with some glitter and pipecleaners. I mean, how could I not fall into this theme today? I'm a sentimental sap, so it shouldn't come as a shock that I have a lot of love songs in my collection. But then again, most pop songs are love songs, so there you go.

This is my first Valentine's as a single girl in several eons. I'm not bitter or anything. No really, I'm
really not, I promise. It's better this way. I wouldn't mind having a secret admirer or three, though.

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash -- It Ain't Me Babe
The Brunettes -- Mars Loves Venus
Nina Simone -- Do I Move You?
Antony & the Johnsons -- Mysteries of Love
Petra Hayden & Bill Frisell -- I Believe
The Czars -- Song to the Siren

6 Comments:

Blogger JOE GILLIS said...

Consider me a not-so-secret admirer. You're currently running one of the best blogs out there. All best.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost forgot how much I love that Czars version of Song to the Siren. Good choice, and happy V-Day!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

aww, molotov -- you are the sweetest! thank you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:57:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Thank you, bunkadoo, baby -- hope you had a nice V-day too. I can't wait to see The Czars at SXSW, they've been a favorite for so long and I've never had a chance to see them live!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:58:00 AM  
Blogger catsinthewell said...

My answer'ed better be yes? Right? It pleases me!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't get a lot better than a Johnny Cash cover of a Dylan classic!!

Great blog, shame the downloads have timed out :( id love the above track on my iPod!

Sunday, June 24, 2007 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com