The Rich Girls Are Weeping

13 February 2006

Oh, it was inevitable -- everyone's a critic, and most people are DJs, as one of the songs I posted Friday so eloquently pointed out. You write about music, eventually, you're DJing somewhere. C'est la vie. And okay, actually, our little dance party last night was more about having our friends (new and old) come out and play their best danceable 45 rpm singles. It was a grand time. Of course, when you take your records out of the house, it's like taking your first vacation, you pack way too many clothes, or, rather, records. In my case, I packed waaaaay too many! So, like, now you have to bear the brunt of that -- which I'm sure you won't mind! Here's your Monday tracks -- just pretend they're on vinyl, and I'm all cute and have the headphones over one ear, and am cueing up a record. It's a little more exciting that way, yeah?

First, these were the big hits of the evening (as played by Susan, Shannon, Summer, and Jen, respectively). Indie kids sure can cut a rug!

Jonathan Richman -- Circle I
Unrest -- Cath Carroll
Diana Ross and The Supremes -- Reflections
The Pipettes -- Dirty Mind

...and one I didn't get to, but surely would have made a few people happy:

Jonathan Fire*Eater -- These Little Monkeys

And yeah, it'll be on every blog today, but you totally need to get this from me. The b-side to the Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Gold Lion," "Let Me Know." It's a good Monday morning song -- sweet and adorable, and the easy way out for me today; I'm just a wee bit hungover!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Let Me Know

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's true... thre're too many djs and musicians on th earth!

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Pinkie von Bloom said...

for next time? i demand a pink 45 case. seriously.

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Serenaded Hourly said...

Oh, jeebus! YYY are challenging Bettie Seveert, now? I guess it was just a matter of time.

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

k8: OMG, I THOUGHT I recognized the song, but couldn't place it. That's what I get for writing these things before having my am coffee. :P

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

pinky: totes. i was way jealous of jason & jen's cases!

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicked "let me know"!
thanks!

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:52:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

randomly, is it just me or is "let me know" oddly aimee mann-ish?

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com