The Rich Girls Are Weeping

12 October 2006

Keeping It Peel... I meant to post a picture I took of the John Peel memorial mural in Brighton when I was there in 2005, but I never got around to it -- here's a link to some people who did, though. And, in honor of John Peel Day, since we didn't schedule a tribute gig (however, The Limelight in San Antonio have devoted this weekend to Peel's memory), here's some cool Peel Session tracks from the way, way back in the vault... (N.B. the quality's kind of sketchy on some of these...)

Delgados -- Mr. Blue Sky (ELO cover)
The Mountain Goats -- Dance Music
Cat Power -- Wonderwall (Oasis cover)
Billy Bragg -- Jeane (Smiths cover)
(Smog) -- I Break Horses
Hefner -- New French Tits


ps -- The Telegraph examines Peel's bona fide lasting legacy as a leading champion of indie music...

pss -- The Burnout Groove has some nice Peel Sessions up (more (smog)!), most notably the only one those quixotic mad good dressers, Interpol, recorded for Radio One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com