The Rich Girls Are Weeping

17 November 2006

The best songs I didn't post this week:

Voxtrot -- Love Vigilantes (via Chromewaves). If you ever wondered why we adore Jason, catch that bassline. I mean, we adore him because he's an all-around sweet and lovely person, but also, as it happens, he's one hell of a bassist. We love it when people make Peter Hook-isms their own. It's practically a requirement, actually, to be at the top of our list.

Curses! -- Hungry 4 Love (via Big Stereo). OMG NOT FAIR WHY DIDN'T I FIND THIS FIRST?

The Concretes -- Grey Days (via Marathon Packs). I'd previously kind of ignored this song on In Colour, but Eric brings up a good point -- now that Victoria Bergsman is gone, there's a good chance that the next iteration of the band may resemble Maria Erikkson's work on this song. Which is actually kind of rad, now that I consider that possiblilty. That dour Nico act kind of only gets you so far, I suppose; then again, Erikkson sounds like a Swedish Neko -- Case, that is.

Prototypes -- Un gars fragile (via Idolator)
. Please don't hate me. I love this band.

[Sidebar: I went to get Joanna Newsom at the record store. I came out with this instead. Not a repressing, but the real deal.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

I have to agree; I can't help but be into that Prototypes EP. Just embrace it.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 1:38:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

James Chance just saved your life! And your ears!

Monday, November 20, 2006 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com