The Rich Girls Are Weeping

17 February 2006

Can't you hear me? I'm banging on your door... God, I'm in a really horrible mood today -- so many things going on that have me worried. And on top of all that, the computer's in the shop, so I can't post any of the new and exciting things that live there, so here's a few old heartbreak-y items I found on my work computer. (nb. Thanks to my mom for sending most of these over to me at one time or another, I think...)

The Chi-Lites -- Are You My Woman (Tell Me So) (You may know this one better as 'that amazing sample from Beyonce's "Crazy in Love."')
Irma Thomas -- Ruler of My Heart
Etta James -- Miss Pitiful
Garnet Mimms And The Enchanters -- It Was Easier to Hurt Her

Changing gears entirely, you've heard New Sense, right? They're like 1/2 of Decibully (another fave), which makes them like, 1/16th of The Promise Ring (ah, the good ol' emo days!). Or something like that. There's some tracks over @ Young Poisoner's Handbook that are really, really great. Go! Listen! Fall in love! See them on tour with Voxtrot if you live in the Midwest!

Have a good weekend! Hopefully all will be back to normal on Monday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Your Mom is cool!

Friday, February 17, 2006 9:14:00 PM  
Blogger carolyn rhea drapes aka chacal said...

now, i'll try again. i removed the first post because i smell at proofreading...i can only remember sending miss pitiful recently, but i do take requests...

Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

It's true, she's very cool!

I think actually, now that I think about it, that the Irma Thomas came from someone else, maybe?

Monday, February 20, 2006 1:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com