The Rich Girls Are Weeping

29 March 2006

Two small afternoon items:

Thing one: I missed Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins at the Parish last night. I meant to set up an interview. I never did. I meant to get on the list. I never did. I was too busy with SXSW and then in NYC and then too tired from the trip. I kind of feel like a tool. Then again, I'm kind of glad I stayed in last night -- I'm really tired, work is kind of stressful these days. I may write more on this whole incident later.

Thing two: Pinkie and I totally need to guest-star in the inevitable Law and Order ripped-from-the-headlines adaptaion of this news item, as the sassy out-of-town music bloggers who attend four underground dance parties in one night and hold an important clue but don't realize it! I would prefer to be questioned by Belzer, please -- and cross-examined by B.D Wong, if possible. I guess that makes this an SVU episode, huh? Obvs, it needs to involve the grisly, possibly drug or prostitiution-ring related murder of a sweet Parsons student who likes to go to shows at the Bowery and shops at Etherea. Or something like that.

The Walkmen -- Little House Of Savages

Oh! Item 2.5: I'm doing some serious thinking about how the best mashup is a queer mashup. Discuss?

Last one, I swear. Item 2.75: The Indietits on Pavement Hack Bands. (Via the always charming 5500.) Glad we're not the only people who think this way -- and of course, the tits would agree with us. (Also, it's great when the tufted titmice (mouses?) mock Cedric & Omar -- just like me & Pinkie do! Har.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Pinkie von Bloom said...

girl, you and i both know we'd end up being portrayed by bex and whatshername from the broadway production of hairspray in ill-fitting dresses from stop staring and last year's hipster hair because NBC won't pay anyone for vintage acquisitions or marcelling my hair.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:13:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

IF I GET PLAYED BY BEX, THERE WILL BE A REAL MURDER.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Pinkie von Bloom said...

scratch that, they'd get the girl who played the probie's fat girlfriend in rescue me last season. =P (you know...this makes me sound like i watch a whole lot of TV...and i don't. except for my feeble demands to be granted my wish for the law & order CHANNEL.)

i think the fabulous fat girl in NYC movie was made about 15 years ago. it was babycakes...and utterly depressing. & lame. & involved figure skating. and the fact that i know this is deeply, deeply embarrassing. =P

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:32:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Dude, i don't even know what a TV is, unless it's showing That 70's Show or King of the Hill reruns. Was that girl slightly cute, at least?

I remember Babycakes! God, we are so so so lame.

(Dear Dick Wolf, please bring us the Law and Order channel ASAP. Love, Cindy.)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

I just found the answer -- you are totes way cuter than Ashlie Atkinson.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for indie tits. I think I'm the only one I know that hasn't ejacluated all over the internet in an attempt to glorify Tapes'n Tapes. They're not bad, it's just ... Pavement. Only not. Yep.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger jason said...

That cartoon warms my heart!

Friday, March 31, 2006 2:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, shit. I guess that's what I get for googling myself...some complete stranger saying I ain't hot. It's okay, girl, you probably ARE better-looking than me. I never made money for bein pretty!
And if you're really marcelling your hair, you are WAY hotter than me. That shit takes FOREVER!!!

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com