The Rich Girls Are Weeping

15 March 2006

I'd like to thank my team of stylists... Yours truly was plucked from the madding crowd to be profiled by USA Today's Whitney Matheson, quite an honor. I've realized that this is the one project that I don't have business cards for, save for the flyer, so I couldn't tell Ms. Matheson about it specifically. Oh well.



So, this is it, y'all. I'll be out and about for the next four days; I'll try and post, but I can't make any guarantees. I do promise to write about any new bands I see that totally blow my socks off, though. Tonight, it's THE PARTY (be there or be EXTREMELY SQUARE) and then I'm most looking forward to catching as many sets of local friends as possible (The Arm, Cue, Midori Umi, Maneja Beto, among others) and hitting New Sense's private showcase at 10:45.

And now, an inspirational hymn:

Electric Six -- Rock Show (Peaches cover) [or, as I like to call it, the MORE COWBELL! version]

5 Comments:

Blogger carolyn rhea drapes aka chacal said...

sorry, but the flyer link does not work.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Electric Six is trying to avoid me with a bad link! *Sits in corner, strums guitar sadly, gurns, after writing some lyrics about this latest defeat realizes that the "break" in "heart break" rhymes with enough words to produce a whole box set*

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger d said...

why can't I download this?!? (slinks away defeated after being WAY too excited about this cover)

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

OMG y'all. I was in such a hurry this morning to get out the door that I messed up every possible link. Pls. forgive me. They're all working now. Promise!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will you be in USA Today? And are you having fun??

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com