The Rich Girls Are Weeping

28 March 2006

Here's how the story goes... Wow, so Pinkie von Bloom and I spent a whirlwind 48 hours in NYC over the weekend and had a great time. Sorry if I didn't call you, it literally was 48 hours, 8 of which were spent sleeping and 5 of which were spent in transit to and from JFK; we'll be back in a few weeks, though so we'll talk then, yeah?

[I've chopped down this entry to make way for the "official" recap of the weekend over at DFG that will be written tonight. Here's a quick rundown of the activities: saw our friends What Made Milwaukee Famous at Southpaw (so amusing/confusing/awesome to see them somewhere other than Emo's!) and The Hourly Radio at Tiswas/the Arctic Monkeys afterparty at splashy, overcrowded hotspot The Annex on Saturday (yes, that's a show in Brooklyn and one on the Lower East Side on the same night from Texas bands near and dear to our hearts); Stellastarr* at Bowery Ballroom and drinks and doings at Black and White on Sunday...]

We made it back okay yesterday afternoon, but now Austin is experiencing a flood of biblical proportions. My power went out this morning, so the new stuff I wanted to post for you guys just kind of disappeared into the aether. As a bonus, my street was flooded and it took me forever to get to work and I'm soaked to the bone, even though I had an umbrella. Ahh, spring.

I need something cheeful to listen to today, or something -- to chase this gloom away; it's so dreadfully grey and damp. I've got my Harry Nilsson playlist going; here's two for you from his 1969 album Harry -- I'm being all ironic and overly amusing regarding the weather and my travels and all.

Harry Nilsson -- Rainmaker
Harry Nilsson -- I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City

3 Comments:

Blogger carolyn rhea drapes aka chacal said...

don't worry. i have the wpa nyc map out and will scan tomorrow and sent 2u.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Lovely,lovely songs. Great post, thanks.

Monday, April 10, 2006 6:27:00 AM  
Blogger Bushwick is Beautiful said...

i need to watch midnight cowboy again....

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 3:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com