The Rich Girls Are Weeping

13 April 2006

Speaking of Devin Davis yesterday, I didn't realize that he has the lead track on the new Kill Rock Stars compilation The Sound the Hare Heard. While I'm sure everyone will be tripping over themselves to share the Sufjan Stevens, Laura Veirs, and Colin Meloy tracks -- I was happy to see offerings from the aforementioned Mr. Davis, as well as from Nedelle (specifically, a song with a tragic ending I really enjoyed from her live set in the fall of 2005 ), and the chronically underrated Danielle Howle, with a strangely relevant offering.

Devin Davis -- When The Angels Lift Our Eyelids In The Morning
Nedelle -- Poor Little City Boy
Danielle Howle -- Kill My Love For You


In return for shoving me into meetings all day, the corporate machine just provided me with some free beer -- how wonderfully kind of them; it's not even Friday!

Best item spotted 'round the blogs lately: Lost in the 80's has a lovely post on The Waitresses.

In other news, I am in love with Ladyfuzz. Seriously. Let's not talk about how I missed them at SXSW. Fluxblog has the track "Staple Gun," which you must listen to and fall in love with immediately.

Tomorrow is totally Jesus Christ Superstar tribute day. I'm not kidding.

(Sidebar: Was anyone else offended by the slightly condescending tone of this article?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

That Rainer Maria article: the tone is a little weird, but I don't think the point is entirely off. I do wonder sometimes when I read dedicated bloggers talking about spending 6-7 hours a day listening to new stuff and never having the time to listen to any old favorites.

Maybe it's just me, but as much as I love what blogging, myspace, and all that has done for finding exciting new music, I still spend a lot of time listening to and writing about stuff that I've heard many times before.

I think Rainer Maria will get their fair due, but it is something interesting.

I really enjoy the blog, by the way. I try to come by every day.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger carolyn rhea drapes aka chacal said...

while at the *$ with the judge, i happened to see, but did not read, the article. i can report that the picture did take up a bit of space and (if my fuzzbrain remembers correctly) a place on the front page of its section.

Friday, April 14, 2006 1:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JCS day tomorrow, huh? I know the Afghan Whigs covered a track from that once ("The Temple"), and Amy Ray of the Indigo Girls played the role of Jesus in "JCS: Resurrected" a few years ago.

I'm just waiting to see if I can find a copy of "Manchester Passion" after it airs tonight.

Friday, April 14, 2006 3:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com