The Rich Girls Are Weeping

04 January 2006

Once upon a time, I told Get Him Eat Him that they sounded like like the love child of ELO and Giorgio Moroder. They're so young and adorable, I don't think they got just how great a compliment that is coming from me!

On their new EP, Do As I Tell You, coming out next week from Catbird Records, they've take a turn around the power pop corner by way of Sloan and early Weezer, which is also just fine with me. Take a taste and listen to "Exposure." This song is getting major play in the blogosphere, and for good reason. I'm just adding to the accolades.

Whilst on winter break from Brown, GHEH are on tour. Catch them when they pass through your fair city!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i finally heard these guys the other day and for some reason they were not at all what i expected, even having been somewhat prepared. i think they must be pretty hard to describe. but i like it.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

they're kind of all over the map stylisticall, which is fun, but it makes me wonder if matt's ditched the vocoder entirely now.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Cam said...

i love these guys. hopefully i have enough dinero for the philly show

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger Get Him Eat Him said...

hey cindy! thanks for writing us up..... and, for the record, it was totally evident how awesome a compliment that was!! i haven't ditched the vocoder, but it didn't make it onto any of the songs for this EP... it'll be in a couple new ones I'm working on, prob'ly. whee!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Dearest GHEH, I love how you always find me when I've written about you, even pseudonymonuously. (Is that even a word? Have I spelt it correctly?) See you in a few weeks!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, they're playing in my town tonight and i can't WAIT!

p.s. did you check out the sammiches blog?! as a deeply devoted lover of all things smooshed between two slices (or in a wrap, or a bun, or a french roll ...), i found it both educational and highly amusing.

Monday, January 09, 2006 2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com