The Rich Girls Are Weeping

21 November 2006

"Dinner party after work?" he asked. "No, a funeral this afternoon," I replied. I guess I don't much feel like posting today with the funeral-attending and all -- plus I have a sinus headache. I hope you'll understand.

We are very close to securing an apartment, though -- in a brownstone in notorious Brooklyn hood that actually has fewer crimes per capita than our way-desirable 78704 zip code. Believe me, we were kind of surprised by that too.

...and I just got an email that my Joanna Newsom record is in. Goodness!

The Mountain Goats -- Love Love Love. It's slightly strange when a minister quotes Paul's First Letter to the Corinthinans in his sermon, and all you can think of is this The Mountain Goats song. Then again, given the themes in The Sunset Tree, experiencing this effect at a funeral is vaguely fitting. It's less comfortable when it happens at a wedding, though. (site) (citation)

Pink Nasty -- BTK Blues. Here's another lovely one for you from Sara Beck, sanctioned by La Nasty's PR lackeys. It's totally worth hearing despite that fact -- which is why I've posted it. Buy her record, okay? It's blindingly good. (site)

Sorry for such a sparse post before going on an extended holiday break; things are slightly insane right now. We'll be back next week, promise. Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Americans! Have a great weekend, rest of the world! (It feels very odd to say that on a Tuesday...)

(ps -- Girls Aloud, feminism, and me? Thanks, Pageblank!)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, thank you, Cindy. I heartily appreciate the link-o-rama.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apropos of nothing in this post...but, your link for americanathlete is fucked.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger d said...

the rich girls are moving to...bed stuy?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 12:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curses! - Just Died Tonight

Better than Hungry 4 Love in my opinion.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Pinkie von Bloom said...

d: totes. the house is more awesometastic than "awesometastic" can describe. it was a brownstoner house of the week several months ago.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger d said...

WOW. that house is fabulous! love the blue painted fireplace. you're going to love brooklyn.

Monday, November 27, 2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger d said...

oops, I just realized I was looking at today's brownstone. I'm slow.

Monday, November 27, 2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

I'll send you the link directly. (;

I just found out we're getting a dishwasher. YAY!

Monday, November 27, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool beans about the dishwasher. and...this morning, mj discovered that the sw flights from, what's that you say...long island...to elp are running $99/per rhat now.

now all i have to do is get you a stand for your dictionary!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com