The Rich Girls Are Weeping

29 November 2006

I have exactly enough time to post a few songs -- I was so swamped today. Who knew like, 5 people would call about my guitar that's for sale on craigslist [again]?!?

I'm cleaning off my work hard drive (natch), and dug up the following in the first half of the alphabet. Apologies, because I'm sure I ganked at least one of these from some blog or another, only I couldn't tell you now now which...

Four Tet -- Iron Man. Best cover ever. Hands down. EVER EVER EVER. (info)

Furniture -- Brilliant Mind. Why don't more people love this band? WHY? Maybe it's just me and all the other crate-divers out there? Because you know I'm a sucker for rumbly, grumpy melodic basslines and gloomydoomy voices. For the kids in the crowd: RIYL The National. Trust me. (info)

Gina G -- Ooh Aah Just A Little Bit. Congratulations, I've just admited my greatest guilty pleasure (outside of the entire Spice Girls back catalog, that is) to the entire internet. You're welcome! (site)

Ginny Arnell -- Dumb Head. You know how sometimes you have a massive falling-out with a really good friend? Well, a certain former friend that I no longer speak to gave me this song, and I absolutely love it despite the negative baggage. I'm really surprised this didn't make it on to One Kiss Can Lead To Another, actually. It's a keeper. (info)

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Love that "Dumb Head" (especially the "doo - doo doo doo" bit). Any thank you for naming your files so nicely.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger FiL said...

Gina G! Omigawd!! Eurovision kitsch delish, or wot??

*Big cheesy grin*

Thursday, November 30, 2006 1:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've loved Furniture for, oh, 20 years now. The first time I ever visited England in the mid-80s I visited record stores all over London and the home counties, looking for, among other things, any records by Furniture I could find--not that there were MANY, but I came home with pretty much whatever there is. I regularly fantasize that there early stuff will be re-released. The one major-label album they did was not a candle on their original album on an indie label.

nancykayshapiro.com

Thursday, November 30, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you can link to our new music site? We're linked to yours!!


Kip

www.rocksellout.com

Sunday, December 03, 2006 3:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, that ginny arnell song is like a direct descendant of julie brown song, cause I'm a blond.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com